Skip to main content

Work Space

You might be wondering how I'm faring doing the 9-5 job nowadays.

You might not!

Regardless: I'm going to provide a sneak peek of my work space and reveal to you how you can have a serene, positive work environment for yourself as well.



1. Stay hydrated throughout the day.  I prefer water bottles with straws, and it's important to choose one with enough heft to keep Post-Its sticking to your desk top.  Also consider having a little mirror and tweezers at the ready for when those moments of Thoughtful Chin Stroking reveals an annoying stray hair that must be plucked immediately.

2. Good lighting is also important.  It reduces stress on the eyes.  I recommend using one that barely survived a cross country move, where the bulb just sort of leans inside the lamp.  It gives the area a light, casual feel.  Also be sure to keep an old, empty coffee mug at the ready.  You never know when you might need to lift it to your lips, only to realize that it is empty.

3.  Good pet company lends the office environment a homey texture.  Your cat squeezing happily in a tiny box will bring a much needed smile during your day toiling away at the computer.

4. Oh, so much to talk about in this picture.  First, you gotta choose a fun printed tablecloth, perhaps the little used Easter themed one that you barely used throughout the years.  That way, you can find satisfaction that such a gift is being used each and every day as the foundation for your work space.

Additionally, keep a bar of unsweetened chocolate nearby for those moments needing chocolate.  Try not to dwell on the fact that you gave up sugar over a month ago and your soul continually screams out for truth and happiness.  Also another reason to keep a water bottle nearby.

Your daughter's discarded sock brings a nice, matching element to the office decor, as well as the old gold tea bag, a spool of brown thread, and your dolly from a billion years ago.  Nothing says FOCUS like random, cluttered stuff.



5.  Sweet mama, don't forget your tissues, your planner, the cross stitch from your sister-friend telling you to stop freaking out AND a small bag full of little cords to charge electronic devices that you do not have.  Tissues are absolutely essential for your ever present and random allergies.  The planner is spunky, fun, and also matches that table cloth.  The cross stitch?  A nice reminder when you sweat the small stuff (btw, tissues are also great at mopping up sweat).  And of course you never know when or where a new electronic device will appear in need of charging.  Like the Girl Scout you were: always be prepared.  Care not re: appropriation of the motto.  It works.

You also might want to keep a large, 3 foot level nearby just in case.  JUST IN CASE.


But seriously, whatever you do...
don't forget the cat.

Comments

  1. Only thing I saw in one of the pictures was little old Molly dolly . Made me go awwwww

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too.... She was buried in some stuffies for G, so I dug her out. She keeps me company these days. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bullies

When you are in the moment, it is hard to imagine anything more heart wrenching than holding your child when she cries about being bullied.  What is more heart wrenching?  Knowing it is your fault. I've gone through life with my fair share of bullies.  Sometimes it was because I was flat out weird.  But most of the time it was my size.   Even when I wasn't even heavy, I considered myself fat and some of my peers agreed.  They agreed so vehemently that they decided to remind me of my size, especially during gym class.  Later in life, in my 30's, I was actually mooed at.  Seriously.  And it sucked being made fun of because of my looks. However.  One of the glorious parts of being 41 is that you just don't give a shart about what people think of you anymore.  Yes, I'm fat.  I have blue eyes, brown (going silver!) hair, and I am medically defined as being morbidly obese.  I try to remedy that diagnosis because of the health ramifications and not out of vanit

Shattering the Myth of SAHM

Are you looking for advice on being the perfect mom? Are you interested in reading fail-proof ways to keep a tidy home? Do you need delicious, wholly organic foods to your adoring children? Then look elsewhere. This is me.   Standing in the rain, feeding our 3 month old puppy, unshowered, and right before that cat in the patio door escapes to the wild and I have to coax him back in with snacks.  This is also right before I spent no less than 20 minutes encouraging our puppy to poop. This here is a blog where you go when you need a reality check. This is a blog where Pinterest goes to fail. This is a blog that helps me laugh at myself and, in turn, helps you laugh at me too. I'm a temporary housewife, and I want to show you how not perfect most of us are. Case in point: Daily Commute Video #1, where I just wanted to catch random conversations with my 6 year old. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8TRSf0XiDc&feature=youtu.be Up later

Meal Planning

At least the good news is that the week is half over. But I'm about to start one of my most loathed chores... Meal planning. I use this miniature little whiteboard to plan.  I write out my ideas, and they're mostly met with general malaise and apathy. Unless there's mac and cheese, then somebody in the house gets super excited. I also use this whiteboard to track what we still have in the freezer. While ambitious and symbolic of a true domestic goddess, you can imagine that this doesn't always work out. Especially on those days where I just don't care. Last week there was a day that I just didn't care. It's frustrating because I really don't have anything else to do so I should care and be all excited about cooking things, but... Nah. So here we go!  Tentative meal plan for the week! I know: I'm amazing.  Side note:  I was about to push publish to this post as I was taking a dogs outside for a phone call to Nature, and Daisy just went and ate