Skip to main content

A Day In the Life...So Far

I've decided to do a day in the life today. 

Personally, some of my most favorite blog posts of other authors are the day in the life posts. Find it interesting to take a peek in someone else's life, see how they run things. Again, I'm not promising that this is going to be riveting or anything but it does help me pass the day.

240 a.m. :  the puppy is letting me know that it is time to go outside. One does not argue with an almost 3 month old puppy in terms of whether or not she thinks she needs to go out. She thinks she needs to go out, you go out. We go out. She poops and pees. There was much rejoicing. Back to bed.

330 a.m.: can't get to sleep. Start my White Noise app with rain on a window. It is soothing.

530 a.m.: puppy is ready to get up. I am not. I try to encourage her to go back to sleep by trying to rub her belly, but she just instead thinks I'm playing and starts gnawing on my hand. 

635 a.m.:  after frenzied feeding and taking out garbage and making coffee, the house is quiet. The puppy is sleeping next to me on the couch, moose is at my feet, and the cat's sleeping in his cat tree. Gracie is miraculously not up yet. Husband will be down shortly.  

I've been taking the opportunity to think of things to write about and catching up on Facebook and email.

638 a.m.:  Daisy is awake.

649 a.m.: G is up and so we all are awake now.  Gracie settles in for a little bit of Moana and the puppies play on the floor.

707: puppy potty break, and then back inside to make pancakes. Wash hands first!

737 a.m.: still making pancakes, just sent G up to her room to get ready for kids camp.  Breakfast upon completion.


Daily Commute 2!  In which we discuss her not being on camera, have long silences, and a pretty decent exchange close to the end of our journey.


I'm sorry that I keep making you go to YouTube, but my videos are too big.  (her her)  I've attempted to embed here via YouTube.  If that doesn't work, here is the link.  


855 a.m.:   get home from dropping off G, make sure the puppy goes to bathroom outside. Decide to take a couple minutes and continue the chemical warfare on my front Garden.

9 a.m.:  sit down to try to hammer out my Amazon Fresh order and get four of G's thank you notes in the mail.

910 a.m.: discover that there are no more delivery times available today. Delete cart and plan on making a stop at Kwik Trip sometime Today.  Make note that the cat is out of food too.  And I need to get different Moose food as the kind I got makes him hoark.  

930 a.m.:  cards are in the mail, brought in the garbage cans to the side of the house so the nastiness that is living inside of it can burn away and die. Today is fridge, microwave, oven day. I skipped mopping day and vacuuming day the last couple of days because Husband having meetings all day and then having a friend over yesterday. So I just spot mop the floors. I'll probably get to the vacuuming sometime this weekend. But today? Oven. I'm about to sit down and research how to make this squeaky clean...

1010 a.m.: Dang.  Not bad for baking soda and elbow grease. 



1032 a.m.:  microwave and oven are pretty much done. Cold cup of coffee? Don't Mind If I Do.

It's almost 11 and I have to get G and I already have a HUGE post... More tonight, hopefully!

1051 a.m. PUBLISH.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bullies

When you are in the moment, it is hard to imagine anything more heart wrenching than holding your child when she cries about being bullied.  What is more heart wrenching?  Knowing it is your fault. I've gone through life with my fair share of bullies.  Sometimes it was because I was flat out weird.  But most of the time it was my size.   Even when I wasn't even heavy, I considered myself fat and some of my peers agreed.  They agreed so vehemently that they decided to remind me of my size, especially during gym class.  Later in life, in my 30's, I was actually mooed at.  Seriously.  And it sucked being made fun of because of my looks. However.  One of the glorious parts of being 41 is that you just don't give a shart about what people think of you anymore.  Yes, I'm fat.  I have blue eyes, brown (going silver!) hair, and I am medically defined as being morbidly obese.  I try to remedy that diagnosis because of the health ramifications and not out of vanit

Meal Planning

At least the good news is that the week is half over. But I'm about to start one of my most loathed chores... Meal planning. I use this miniature little whiteboard to plan.  I write out my ideas, and they're mostly met with general malaise and apathy. Unless there's mac and cheese, then somebody in the house gets super excited. I also use this whiteboard to track what we still have in the freezer. While ambitious and symbolic of a true domestic goddess, you can imagine that this doesn't always work out. Especially on those days where I just don't care. Last week there was a day that I just didn't care. It's frustrating because I really don't have anything else to do so I should care and be all excited about cooking things, but... Nah. So here we go!  Tentative meal plan for the week! I know: I'm amazing.  Side note:  I was about to push publish to this post as I was taking a dogs outside for a phone call to Nature, and Daisy just went and ate

Shattering the Myth of SAHM

Are you looking for advice on being the perfect mom? Are you interested in reading fail-proof ways to keep a tidy home? Do you need delicious, wholly organic foods to your adoring children? Then look elsewhere. This is me.   Standing in the rain, feeding our 3 month old puppy, unshowered, and right before that cat in the patio door escapes to the wild and I have to coax him back in with snacks.  This is also right before I spent no less than 20 minutes encouraging our puppy to poop. This here is a blog where you go when you need a reality check. This is a blog where Pinterest goes to fail. This is a blog that helps me laugh at myself and, in turn, helps you laugh at me too. I'm a temporary housewife, and I want to show you how not perfect most of us are. Case in point: Daily Commute Video #1, where I just wanted to catch random conversations with my 6 year old. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8TRSf0XiDc&feature=youtu.be Up later